- A wonderful talk / animation by Sir Ken Robinson about changing education paradigms
- A website designed to help 7-15 year olds who have or may have Dyslexia & their parents. It is meant to be educational and provide support and inspire kids.
- An Award winning author who is dyslexic
- Hilery Jane’s fun and humourous blog
- A List of people diagnosed with dyslexia
- Other Informative websites full of support and information
- A wonderful arts trust exploring the links of dyslexia and artistry
- What is it like being Dyslexic, by Nessy
- A film made by Teenager Elliott Neve – The world the way I see it
- Find what you love and pursue it, work hard and fall in love with everything.’ Piper Otterbein.
- Cain’s arcade – shows you what you can do with some time, some cardboard and lots of imagination… or visit his website
- The Big Picture The trailer of a film about Dyslexia
- Orlando Bloom ‘you’re part of a very special club and it’s a gift, don’t let anyone ever tell you that you’re not good enough because you struggle with dyslexia, because it’s simply not true.’ Orlando Bloom
Mum’s dyslexia blogspot http://dyslexiamom.blogspot.co.uk/
- Sally Gardener’s Article Dyslexia’s not a disease
- People with Dyslexia share their experiences – a hidden disability
“Because I’m Dyslexic” very motivating film about people’s strengthsUseful links
BDA’s group parent champions.
Mum’s dyslexia blogspot
- Dyslexia is it a gift?
- Dyslexia is it a gift?
Sally Gardner’s Ten tips for a Dyslexic Thinker – The Telegraph
- This free website uses an interactive adventure game to teach basic phonic skills. It is made up of short, gentle games which are simple enough to build confidence but varied enough to maintain interest. A system of prizes and rewards encourages children to practice and over learn whilst adding to their phonic knowledge.http://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/
It is aimed at young learners but would suit dyslexic readers who are stumped by the first steps in synthetic phonics.
- Shaun Tan invites you into his Studio. Shaun Tan talks through his creative process, using his sketch books and paintings, talking straight to camera from his studio. An inspiring role model.
- Peter H Reynolds is a writer and illustrator. My favourite book of his is ‘Ish’ and is about being creative, painting for yourself and not needing to be perfect. His website has lots of creative ideas and links. http://peterhreynolds.com
- Watch his YouTube presentation of Matchbox Theatres, if you can’t get to an exhibition of the Cabaret Mechanical Theatre, you can watch a selection of their exhibits on www.cabaret.co.uk or http://www.paulfleischman.net/
- On a similar theme relating to creativity and thinking outside the box, rather than dyslexia….Tom Hunkin’s cartoons and machines. He has a selection of websites, two of which are: www.TimHunkin.com and this has a ten minute film about his own ‘arcade’ on Southwold Pier and how to make your own slot machine. www.underthepier.com
Other fun and useful videos: